Sony may shut down DNAS server by March 2016

A place to discuss Playstation 2 online gaming.
TheGrey
Level 5: 187 Avoid this Game or Die
Xlink Kai Setup?: no

Re: Sony may shut down DNAS server by March 2016

Post by TheGrey »

Wow, I totally forgot about the dnas shutdown :(
"Your death will be a waste of my time and a tragedy for your kind. The future stands before you, enter the void to come into my world. You have made it to the ascension, witnessed what you have long feared."

teamR@@K!E
Level 41: Can't Think of More Ranks...Time to Split!

Post by teamR@@K!E »

I might of already posted or said, but Sony has no control over tribes aa so tribes aa will always be a ps2 online game forever... as long as there's a working dns for that game.

If things turns out as bad as you guys think, which i don't, i hope some of you will consider trying out tribes.

Tribes is a ntsc game only so it's not cross region unless you have a special disc called swap magic to make all ntsc games work on your pal ps2.

MartinMilk
Level 3: The Not Very Fast and the Perturbed
Xlink Kai Setup?: yes
Xlink Kai username: MartinMilkis

Post by MartinMilk »

So I guess it's confirmed now is it that it will shutdown
YouTube Channel: GaymingTube

on PS2 I usually play Biohazard Outbreak, Timesplitters and Call of Duty 3. I also play GameCube online and I do have all supported games. Hit me up if you want to play.

MartinMilk

Post by MartinMilk »

I talked about this in the Resident Evil Outbreak community, and they are very doubtful that this is real, is there any confirmination about the shutdown or is it still only speculation and rumors?

on PS2 I usually play Biohazard Outbreak, Timesplitters and Call of Duty 3. I also play GameCube online and I do have all supported games. Hit me up if you want to play.

daps2

Post by daps2 »

It is just speculation however dnas is now outdated and old plus no longer required for any official services or legal ones... Therefore unless they plan on releasing any new ps2 games (which of course will never happen) Our time is very limited. i reckon lets just get as much games in on the last few games available as this will show dnas is still getting used increasing the time they will keep it up.

Hunk91
Xlink Kai username: Hunk91

Post by Hunk91 »

MartinMilk wrote:I talked about this in the Resident Evil Outbreak community, and they are very doubtful that this is real, is there any confirmination about the shutdown or is it still only speculation and rumors?
For resident evil outbreak, most of the players use translation patches which bypass DNAS check, so they are not anoyed by this. Only japanese players use the pure version (not patched, not modified ).
\\FAT PAL PS2 + Internal 64GB SD Card + FMCB 1.953 + OPL 0.9.3
\\PCSX2 1.40 + CLR DEV9 V0.8.2 (Playing via Wifi!)

Playing: B.O File#1&2, SWBF I&II,Sniper Elite, Area 51, Hot Wheels Stunt Track Challenge, T.M.B.O, C.O.D 3, M.G.S.3.O

MartinMilk

Post by MartinMilk »

Hunk91 wrote:
MartinMilk wrote:I talked about this in the Resident Evil Outbreak community, and they are very doubtful that this is real, is there any confirmination about the shutdown or is it still only speculation and rumors?
For resident evil outbreak, most of the players use translation patches which bypass DNAS check, so they are not anoyed by this. Only japanese players use the pure version (not patched, not modified ).
I play the pure version, and there are a few others that do to

MartinMilk

Post by MartinMilk »

Is it down?

DonkeyKong
Level 22: Rogue Soldier

Post by DonkeyKong »

As for 23:58 CST it is working.

MartinMilk

Post by MartinMilk »

Thank the PlayStation Gods