Killzone

A place to discuss Playstation 2 online gaming.
thebadassdude
Gone for 25 to Life...
Gone for 25 to Life...
Xlink Kai Setup?: no

Re: Killzone

Post by thebadassdude »

Mytho wrote:
whereswaldo247 wrote:[*]what's wrong with killzone?
The game's framerate is very jerky, often to the detriment of the gameplay. I can't tell you how many times I've been killed because the framerate decided to plummet as I was tracking a target across a certain portion of the map, thus resulting in my aim either over or under extending the target. This happens in every map, and sometimes in inexplicable areas such as corridors or enclosed rooms. Part of the problem is that the developers implemented a grain filter in the multiplayer with no way to turn this feature off. Not only is the PS2 rendering the polygons and textures of the game, but it also simulates film grain, which creates problems with visibility and further strains the system.

The game design is also prone to exploitation from explosive weapons. Often times, players will throw their three grenades they spawn with, get a kill or two, then die and repeat the process. This can be frustrating for people who are trying to navigate the map and drop dead for no apparent reason. If there was a way to customize the game and limit people to 1 or 2 grenades, this would a non-issue.

A further note is that the explosions often disappear from screen, resulting in cheap deaths. You will be running down a corridor, when all of a sudden you will drop dead for no discernible reason. Did somebody shoot you? Did a grenade go off? The game doesn't provide any feedback in these situations.

Another annoyance I have is that when killed, it takes way too long to respawn. You have to watch the camera pan out and slowly circle your corpse every time you die. It feels like you're a vulture circling around a body. This process is about 5-7 seconds, but it quickly adds up over the long run. I don't mind dying (hey, it happens to all of us), but being forced to stare at my lifeless corpse as I mash buttons to respawn is unnecessary.

Why am I so critical of this game? Because it could have been a great game. Adding in customization options, allowing players to remove the grain filter and further refinement of the gameplay would have resulted in a stronger game. Instead, what we have is untapped potential; a glimpse of what could have been had Guerilla Games gone the extra mile like Free Radical did for TimeSplitters, or Pandemic did for Star Wars Battlefront.
okkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk???????????
(gmt-7)
God bless us everyone
We're a broken people living under a loaded gun
And it cant be out fought,it cant be out done
it cant be out match.it cant be out run.NO!

lazyhoboguy
site admin
Xlink Kai Setup?: yes
Xlink Kai username: lazyhobobum

Post by lazyhoboguy »

Yea I agree with mytho on most of his points about killzone online multiplayer. I think playing split screen against bots is a lot funner since the bots dont exploit the explosive weapons like human players. Even though I may sort of hate this game's online multiplayer haha it doesn't mean you guys cannot schedule a game of it or anything. Feel free to start a thread in game scheduling if you want to to play a game.

thebadassdude
Gone for 25 to Life...
Gone for 25 to Life...

Post by thebadassdude »

:|
lazyhoboguy wrote:Yea I agree with mytho on most of his points about killzone online multiplayer. I think playing split screen against bots is a lot funner since the bots dont exploit the explosive weapons like human players. Even though I may sort of hate this game's online multiplayer haha it doesn't mean you guys cannot schedule a game of it or anything. Feel free to start a thread in game scheduling if you want to to play a game.
(gmt-7)
God bless us everyone

thebadassdude
Gone for 25 to Life...
Gone for 25 to Life...

Post by thebadassdude »

Stop hating on killzone.At least it dont got no damn hacker right.
(gmt-7)
God bless us everyone

Viscosity
site admin

Post by Viscosity »

thebadassdude wrote:Stop hating on killzone.At least it dont got no damn hacker right.
TBH even though i don't own killzone. I used to love Call of Duty Big Red One. Once i started to play other games online for the ps2 you realize how crappy the game you love is. It sounds like killzone is worse than bro but they both run like crap with framerate loses. Time Splitters Future Perfect for example runs at perfect 60 fps almost 100 percent of the time.

thebadassdude
Gone for 25 to Life...
Gone for 25 to Life...

Post by thebadassdude »

lazyhoboguy wrote:Yea I agree with mytho on most of his points about killzone online multiplayer. I think playing split screen against bots is a lot funner since the bots dont exploit the explosive weapons like human players. Even though I may sort of hate this game's online multiplayer haha it doesn't mean you guys cannot schedule a game of it or anything. Feel free to start a thread in game scheduling if you want to to play a game.
thats why its called killzone.Explosive weapons that stuff doesnt bother me.mkayyyyyyyy
(gmt-7)
God bless us everyone

Viscosity
site admin

Post by Viscosity »

thebaddass dude, until you play other games for the ps2 you will never realize that the game you play isn't that great as you think it is. You have to broaden ur gaming horizon.

thebadassdude
Gone for 25 to Life...
Gone for 25 to Life...

Post by thebadassdude »

Favrenation wrote:thebaddass dude, until you play other games for the ps2 you will never realize that the game you play isn't that great as you think it is. You have to broaden ur gaming horizon.
ummm wow i haved almost played every game on ps2 good or bad.Oh and trust there are worser games then killzone.mkayyyyyyy
(gmt-7)
God bless us everyone

Mr.Chale
Level 5: 187 Avoid this Game or Die
Xlink Kai username: Mr Chale

Post by Mr.Chale »

this game is so glitchy its not even funny, grenade and rocket hacks ruin this game
(gmt-6)

<embed src="http://www.clocklink.com/clocks/world00 ... e=GMT-0600&" width="480" height="250" wmode="transparent" type="application/x-shockwave-flash">

NoLimits
Level 23: Ribbon of Shame: Rising Storm
Xlink Kai username: NoLimits

Post by NoLimits »

Killzone <3333333333333