Thursday night Tribes at 9pm cst

Create a thread here to schedule a time to play PS2 games online through their normal servers.
tool8
Level 7: PacifistZone
Xlink Kai Setup?: no

Re: Tribes AA Sunday

Post by tool8 »

ffs my friend cant join, both of us sees the master list server and I have opened the needed ports for my PS2. Still he cant see my game. Whats the problem?

tool8

Post by tool8 »

...and suddenly he sees the game and join. wtf this is no sense...

teamR@@K!E
Level 41: Can't Think of More Ranks...Time to Split!

Post by teamR@@K!E »

first you see the master list before you host then you host and he can't see your room or he hosts and you can't see his room

if you refresh enough times so that you do see the master list, both of you are at the right spot
that's a good start
my guess is that even though your router has its ports open the problem might still be some interference with the router still

one thing you could try is a power cycle were you unplug your router and modem from the wall for 30 seconds and then plug everything back in and still give it a couple seconds to warm up then connect your modem to the router, give that some time to warm up too and then go to the ps2
a power cycle sometimes fixes everything now if that doesn't work unplug your modem for 30 seconds, plug it back in, wait for it to warm up, and go straight from your modem to your ps2 and go host, avoiding the router altogether and then have your friend join. He should be able to see your room by then

it's a little after 1pm for me I'll jump on to see if i can see your room and if i can't I'll host for an hour
hopefully you both can see my room

tool8

Post by tool8 »

Rookie was this a problem when sierra had the master list? This is so frustrating it takes too much time to set up a game and have friends to try to find the game. I think I dont want to play this game anymore if its this much trouble to get a game going. I suggest that bobz create a new master list and screw the OC one...

teamR@@K!E

Post by teamR@@K!E »

there wasn't this problem when there use to be ds rooms i agree if bobz would care to put up a room again but his room crashes even if no one is playing I'd like it if he puts up a room on Friday and shuts it down on Sunday don't just let it run for weeks because once it crashes its down until he has time to set it up again and he usually doesn't have the time to keep checking it

i can't blame you that's why i tell everyone

let me host

I've done tests over the phone and shit to make sure that when i host there is no mess up

I've got it down but once in a great while... there's still problems. The only reason why i told you the lengthy process is because if that doesn't work, you're screwed It's a sure thing and last resort to do. Most people don't have a problem and if they do, doing that once fixes it

if there's a day and time you would like to try again and have your friends join
give me a couple of days notice so i can gather some players as well

ps I'll host :twisted:

tool8

Post by tool8 »

Im trying OC's DNS 69.94.123.66 now. I actually saw bobzent dedicated server on that DNS...

teamR@@K!E

Re: Tribes AA Friday

Post by teamR@@K!E »

well bobz put up a tdm dedi room so everyone can see it

and it works, i couldn't see it before but all is good on tribes

so who's in for this Friday Nov 2nd?

tool8

Post by tool8 »

well OC's DNS is down atm so I'll switch to bobz that has AADS. Count me in and maybe my girlfriend.

teamR@@K!E

Post by teamR@@K!E »

Oc's dns address shouldn't be affected by the hurricane because i think they are out of California

tool8

Post by tool8 »