New Server

A place to discuss Playstation 2 online gaming.
Bobz1993
Level 10: Delta Force: White Seagull Down
Xlink Kai Setup?: yes
Xlink Kai username: bobz1993

New Server

Post by Bobz1993 »

Hey guys,

Was just working with an IRL person on a website for them. Talked them into getting a VPS for the sake of ordering food online / reliability.

Effectively I have a new VPS to play with and I will likely be moving and web services to it so the site isn't down at random leaving me unable to bring it back up as well. Right meow I don't plan on moving the DNS as I hadn't had good experience hosting DNS from the other VPS (was spammed enough that they cut the server temporarily...)

Anyway, there should be little to no downtime soon enough, and I'll figure out the rest when I get there.

Any ideas, let me know.

Specifically supporting Mortal Kombat, Midnight Club 3, All Star Baseball 2005, THPS, Tribes:AA and other games supported by OpenSpy.
To connect use my DNS server, 67.249.158.107

Visit http://bobzent.info for more info.

DJPlace
Level 6: Respectful Citizen Golf 2
Xlink Kai username: DJPlace

Re: New Server

Post by DJPlace »

hey bobz1993 should we still use this one?

(gmt-5)

Bobz1993

Post by Bobz1993 »

DJPlace wrote:hey bobz1993 should we still use this one?

Yes continue using that one. I probably won't put DNS on it at all, but if I do it might only be used as a backup.
Specifically supporting Mortal Kombat, Midnight Club 3, All Star Baseball 2005, THPS, Tribes:AA and other games supported by OpenSpy.

DJPlace
Level 6: Respectful Citizen Golf 2
Xlink Kai username: DJPlace

Post by DJPlace »

Bobz1993 wrote:
DJPlace wrote:hey bobz1993 should we still use this one?

Yes continue using that one. I probably won't put DNS on it at all, but if I do it might only be used as a backup.
ok just wanted to double check.
(gmt-5)

Avery
Level 12: Warm Summer

Post by Avery »

Will this make some of the games like Mortal Kombat Armageddon and Mortal Kombat Deception better for connecting / fix the issues?

Bobz1993

Post by Bobz1993 »

should be any changes for MK, but BF2 and Tribes may be more reliable. I could make it a member only DNS? i stopped the other one due to flooding and whatnot, but if only specified people could go on it it might work out...

Avery

Post by Avery »

Bobz1993 wrote:should be any changes for MK, but BF2 and Tribes may be more reliable. I could make it a member only DNS? i stopped the other one due to flooding and whatnot, but if only specified people could go on it it might work out...
hmmm, it might, everyone who wants to play does have to sign up, as for BF2 and Tribes, Tribes is only a redirection isn't it, I don't think there would be much problems there, though Battlefield 2's servers shutdown and the lack of support, before, only paid servers were still up, though the recent people claimed they couldn't even find anything when searching.

As for MK, Deception worked on yours really well with DJPlace when we tried it, and my friend from Argentina, had alot of issues with the sync, though when we tried it on OpenSPY it worked really well, 10 matches before a sync fail, tested a few times.

For MKA, yeah if something could be done about it, there are quite a few of us who are trying to get on and play, actually got a nice group, though with the sync and stuff, we get disconnected frequently, everytime somoene joins and leaves also, 11 people including myself, I know have it and have contacted me for online, Motor Kombat especially

teamR@@K!E
Level 41: Can't Think of More Ranks...Time to Split!

Post by teamR@@K!E »

having a problem with bobz right now

his web site won't even load up or say it's even online or down

it's weird

Bobz1993

Post by Bobz1993 »

Site is down atm as I'm copying the site from the current server to the new one. The forum folder was too big to put in a zip file so I had to remove it for now which effectively broke the site since they're linked... DNS is fine for now.
Also, there shouldn't be a difference between my DNS and OpenSpy for most games including MK:A/D. My DNS sends you to OpenSpy with potential stats errors due to my experimenting. BF2 works thru me and not OpenSpy because the OpenSpy server doesn't have the agreement files.
Tribes is more complicated. The game uses 3 potential master servers. I run one, and OC runs one. My DNS has my IP for 2 of the masters, and OC in the 3rd. When you refresh the list, you switch. When in mine you should also see my dedicated room. If you guys are down to experiment, I'll get started setting DNS up on the new server. Gonna take me a bit to get it to work by user/ip though.

Avery

Post by Avery »

Bobz1993 wrote:Site is down atm as I'm copying the site from the current server to the new one. The forum folder was too big to put in a zip file so I had to remove it for now which effectively broke the site since they're linked... DNS is fine for now.
That's alrighty Bobz, I'm sure we're all down to see it come on up
Bobz1993 wrote:Also, there shouldn't be a difference between my DNS and OpenSpy for most games including MK:A/D. My DNS sends you to OpenSpy with potential stats errors due to my experimenting.
MKD worked alot better on OpenSPY however MKA doesn't work at all on OpenSPY, and okay it would make sense now, though I'm sure evntually in the long run you're experiments will be good. on OpenSPY's site the games list hasn't been updated in a while. Although I always did figure that those games could have been by OpenSPY as well since it's Peer to Peer, and even more when it was tested 2 days ago that MKD worked on OpenSPY. I seriously do hope MKA can get worked out though
Bobz1993 wrote:Tribes is more complicated. The game uses 3 potential master servers. I run one, and OC runs one. My DNS has my IP for 2 of the masters, and OC in the 3rd. When you refresh the list, you switch. When in mine you should also see my dedicated room. If you guys are down to experiment, I'll get started setting DNS up on the new server. Gonna take me a bit to get it to work by user/ip though.
For tribes, yeah it's alrighty, though 3 servers? I figured it was only 1, PS2 OC and yours was just a re-router. Is this also due to xChristian's DNS swapping all the time or is there some servers conflicting with stuff Aluigi set up? As for experimenting, no problem Bobz, I'm completely down to experiment, and have 4 games, though BF2 as far as I'm concerned don't work anymore. Paid server was supposed to be up until October